Unified Dress Code Policy
Ballard-Hudson Middle School
PANTS OR SKIRTS:
· Plain khaki, black or navy pants, or plain khaki, black or navy skirts
· Jeans, shorts and cargo pants are not allowed. However, jeans are permitted
on days designated by the principal.
· Pants must be of appropriate size, not flare legged, worn as designed and of ankle length. Pants designed to be worn below the top of the hip bone are not allowed.
· Pants MUST have belt loops and MUST be worn with a belt.
· Pants may not be tucked into shoes or socks.
· Skirts must be no shorter than two (2) inches above the knee.
· Skirts cannot have any slits or openings.
· Plain white or school color polo shirts
· Polo shirts can be long sleeve or short sleeve
· Polo shirts must have a collar.
· School t-shirts, sweatshirts or sweaters, or plain white or school color sweatshirts and sweaters
· All shirts must be of appropriate size.
· Plain white undershirts or turtlenecks underneath polo shirts, school t-shirts, sweatshirts and sweaters
SHOES and SOCKS:
· All shoes must have closed toes and heels
· Tennis shoes with properly sized and secured shoe laces that match
· Soft soled shoes (no heels allowed)
· Plain white, black or school color socks with shoes
· Neon colored shoes, socks, or shoe laces are prohibited
· Neon-colored shoes, socks, and shoe laces are prohibited. Traces of such colors are also prohibited.
· Gold or Silver Jewelry- Standard-sized Only
· One Bracelet (gold or silver)- Standard-sized Only
· Dog tags are not allowed.
· Pendants and earrings larger than a quarter and multiple bracelets are prohibited.
· Plain dark, brown, black, white or khaki belts with buckles no wider than the belt (belts/buckles can have no lettering, pictures or sayings)
· Multicolored or Checkerboard Styled Belts are prohibited.
Brushes or Combs May Not Be Carried In the Pockets or On Person
**Any item prohibited in the Bibb County Board of Education Code of Conduct or Dress Code is not allowed. All other items, which in the judgment of the principal (designee), disrupt or distract from the teaching and learning process will not be allowed.