Unified Dress Code Policy
2012 - 2013
Students may wear the following:
PANTS OR SKIRTS:
· Plain khaki, black or navy pants, or plain khaki, black or navy skirts.
· Jeans, shorts and cargo pants are not allowed. However, jeans and/or shorts are permitted only on days designated by the principal.
· Pants must be of appropriate size, not flare legged, worn as designed and of ankle length. No Capri pants.
· Pants designed to be worn below the top of the hip bone are not allowed.
· Pants MUST have belt loops and MUST be worn with a belt.
· Pants MUST NOT be tucked into shoes or socks.
· Skirts must be no shorter than two (2) inches above the knee.
· Skirts cannot have any slits or openings.
· Plain white or school color shirts (burgundy, gold/yellow, white).
· Shirts can be long sleeve or short sleeve.
· Polo shirts must have a collar.
· School t-shirts, sweatshirts or sweaters, or plain white or school color sweatshirts and sweaters.
· All shirts must be of appropriate size and tucked in.
· Plain white undershirts or turtlenecks underneath polo shirts, school t-shirts, sweatshirts and sweaters
SHOES and SOCKS:
· All shoes must have closed toes and heels.
· Tennis shoes with properly sized and secured shoe laces that match.
· Soft soled shoes (no heels allowed).
· Plain white, black or school color socks with shoes.
· Neon-colored shoes, socks, and shoe laces are prohibited. Traces of such colors are also prohibited.
· Gold or Silver Jewelry - Standard-sized Only
· Dog tags are not allowed.
· Pendants and earrings larger than a quarter and multiple bracelets are not allowed.
· Plain brown, black, white, burgundy, or khaki belts with buckles no wider than the belt (belts/buckles can have no lettering, pictures or sayings).
· The school does not regulate the color of jackets/outer garments worn to and from school; however, if the jacket or outer garment is to be worn in the classroom, they must be plain white, burgundy, black or gold/yellow. Oversized or heavy jackets may not be worn in the classroom.
· ”Hoodies” are not allowed to be worn during the school day.
· All other items, which in the judgment of the principal (designee), disrupt or distract from the teaching and learning process will not be allowed.
Weaver – White,