Bibb County School District
(Approved by School Board on December 15, 2011)
Mission: Each student demonstrates strength of character and is college ready.
Vision: Develop a highly trained staff and an engaged community dedicated to educating each student for a 21st century, multiethnic, global economy.
· Bibb County develops a learning orientation that mobilizes effective effort to accelerate learning.
· Bibb County is committed to a culture of respect that includes equitable treatment, honesty, openness and integrity.
· Bibb County uses data and evidence-based decisions to determine the training and support provided to adults so they can be accountable for the success of all students.
· Bibb County strengthens productive partnerships for education.
Proposed Strategic Goals
District Mission:Each student demonstrates strength of character and is college ready.
Vision:Develop a highly trained staff and an engaged community dedicated to educating each student for a 21st century, multiethnic, global economy.
Focus on Students
Focus on Staff
· Develop a high-performing staff through the implementation of a formal professional growthplan that supportsthe progression of skill, will, and capacity required to meet the needs of 21st century learners.
· Improve instructional delivery to consistently high levels of expertise to assure all preK-12 students are college ready.
· Prepare staff to attain necessary 21st century skills to excel atintegrating technology in instruction.
Focus on Parents and Community
· Provide training and development opportunities designed to empower parents, create positive home-school relationships,
· Provide a receptive environment that fosters active engagement, accountability, and collaboration to promote college readiness and to support families.
· Partner with parents, community members, and community agencies to strategically align resources so students demonstrate strength of character and college readiness.
Focus on Teaching and Learning
· Obtain, analyze, and use data to regularly monitor and improve the system so that all students build strength of character and are college ready.
· Apply evidence-based skills and strategies to improve instruction so students are college ready.
· Create daily experiences that challenge student learning at levels of analysis, synthesis, and evaluation.
Focus on Technology
Focus on Structure of Schools
· Design and implement a district-wide calendar which minimizes significant learning-loss and increases student achievement and development.
· Create a portfolio of schools designed to maximize achievement where students and families make informed choices regarding school options.
· Design and implement a 21st centurystructure to maximize district performance and efficiency.