The Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) student organization is the only in-school student national organization with the FAMILY as its focus! The organization has over 200,000 members and 6500 chapters throughout the nation; Georgia has over 30,000 members! It is an integral part of class instruction for Family and Consumer Sciences. Students who participate in FCCLA develop their leadership, vocational, character, social and personal development skills through a variety of club and community service activities AND receive extra class credit for FCCLA project work!
The purpose of the organization is to:
- strengthen the function of the family as a unit of society
- to provide opportunities for personal growth and development for adult life
- to encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community
- to encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony
- to promote greater understanding between youth and adults
- to provide opportunities for making decisions and assuming responsibilities
- to prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today’s society
- to promote Family and Consumer Sciences and related occupations
Each student enrolled in Family and Consumer Sciences is encouraged to become a financial member of the student organization, FCCLA. The membership dues for this local, state, and national organization are $20.00 (paid in cash ONLY!) for the year and a member’s T-shirt is included. Dues are due by Wednesday August 31, 2011.
2011-2012 FCCLA Officers: To Be Announced!
Adviser: Ms. Roslyn Foster