UNIFIED DRESS CODE FOR STUDENTS
Students may wear:
Plain khaki or navy pants and Capri pants (pants and Capri’s must fit at the natural waist line). Low hip huggers and low rider pants are not allowed. Pants must be of an appropriate size and must be worn with a belt if belt loops are present.
Dresses and Jumpers must be in plain khaki or navy (no more than two inches above the knee with no splits,slits, or openings). Pleated dresses and jumpers are permitted. Jumpers may be worn with blouses, shirts, or turtlenecks in white, red, or navy.
Skirts must be in plain khaki or navy (no more than two inches above the knee with no splits, slits, oropenings). Pleated skirts are acceptable.
- Shorts and Skorts must be plain khaki or navy. They must be of appropriate size and no shorter than the finger tips when arms are extended. The same waist line requirements that apply to pants apply to shorts and skorts.
Shirts must be solid white, navy or red polo with a collar (short sleeves or long sleeves). Turtleneck shirts and sweat shirts in plain white, navy or red are also allowed. Shirts must not contain any logo or design except for Skyview Elementary designs or logos in red, white, or blue. School T-shirts or school sweat shirts are permitted.
- Blouses with collars are permitted. All shirts and blouses must be tucked in.
- Sweaters/Cardigans/Vests must be solid white, navy or red. They must be appropriately sized and do not have to be tucked in.
- Shoes must have a closed toe and back. Shoes may be leather-type shoes or tennis shoes.
- Belts must be worn with all pants/skirts/skorts/shorts if belt loops are present.
- Outerwear (winter coats) will meet county guidelines and are to be worn outside the building during inclement weather. Any coats, sweaters, or jackets worn inside the building during the school day must meet unified dress code in color and style.
- Clothing with frayed ends, holes, fading, and camouflage will not be permitted.
- Students out of dress code will be required to call home for correct clothing items.
- Students newly enrolled at Skyview will be given one week to acquire the required clothing items before the student is in violation.
All clothing must meet Bibb County Dress Code.
Opt-Out: Parents who wish to have their child exempted from the “Dress for Success” program for religious reasons will need to make an appeal in writing using a standardized form and submit it to the office. The form will be provided upon request. Families for whom the unified dress policy will create a financial hardship will contact the school counselors for assistance in obtaining unified dress items.