Instructor: Coach Carror "C" Wright
Department: Health & Physical Education
Contact Number: 478-779-4465
Title Of Course: Weight Training & Advance Weight Training/Physical Conditioning
Course Description: This course is designed for students with or without weight training experience or physical conditioning. Emphasis is placed upon acquiring basic knowledge in strength development training and proper workout techniques.
Goals: To develop knowledge and skills essential for maintaining good physical and mental health
Content: Students will develop knowledge of social skills and the importance applying these skills to everyday society.
Materials: Free Weights; Jump Ropes; Cones; Medicine Balls; Agility Ropes
Evaluation: Daily Participation; Teacher Observation; Written Test;
· 45% Class Participation
· 20% Written Test
· 20% Skill Test
· 15% Final Exam
Rules & Regulations
1. Students must be inside the double doors when the tardy bell sounds (Field House).
2. Students must take a seat when the enter class
3. No talking during instructional time
4. No sleeping in class
5. No horse playing, cracking jokes, eating in class, and no profanity.
6. Students must wear proper dress out attire
7. Each student can receive 100 points per week for dressing out and participation. (20 points per day for dressing out and participation)(10 points if you for not dressing out but participating) (0 points if you don’t participate)!!!!!!!!!!!
8. There will be no horse- play before, during or after class.
9. No food or drinks allowed in the gym (Weight Room).
10. Students will demonstrate respectful behavior toward self and others at all times (Classmates, Teachers and other Southwest High School Personnel).