Teacher: Monsieur Kane
Phone: (478) 779-4100
Textbooks: French One and Two: Discovering French by Valette and Valette, Bienvenue by Schmitt/Lutz and Handouts.
Special Materials required: 1½ in. 3-ring binder with dividers labeled with the following categories:
a. Class information and objectives
c. Class notes and practice activities
You must bring this notebook to class every day. Your notebook will be graded every nine weeks course. Your grade will be based on content, neatness, organizational skills, and your ability to follow directions.
Goals:The primary goal of the NEHS foreign language program is to help students develop linguistic proficiency and cultural sensitivity. By interweaving language and culture, our program seeks to broaden students’ communication skills while at the same time deepening their appreciation of other cultures.
Courses Objectives: A comprehensive list of communicative, linguistic and cultural objectives of each level of Foreign Language study are available upon request. You are required to copy each day’s objectives into your notebook as you progress in your learning experience.
Evaluation: At the end of the grading period (Semester) you will receive a grade. 85 % of this grade will consist of your class works as outlined in the attached Foreign Language Grading Policy. The remaining 15% of your grade will be the grade you make on your Final Exam.
Daily (HW, pop quizzes, in class assignment) 40%
Test / Exam 20%
Final Exam 15%
Tutoring:Mondays through Fridays:
Make-ups:Thursdays: 2:45 – 4:00
PS: We will follow all rules & policies in the NEHS and
Attendance:You must attend class to be successful in learning a foreign language. What you learn today is based on what you learned yesterday. If you miss a class, you will have gaps in your learning process that will create difficulties down the road. If an absence is unavoidable, please make sure that you seek help immediately upon your return to school.
Course Rules: At all the times, students will:
The following rules were promulgated by the