Welcome to Technology Services
In the Bibb County School District, technology serves as an integral, infused resource to promoted effective teaching and learning, maximize productivity, and to maintain a connected community for students, faculty, staff, and parents. Students shall graduate with the necessary 21st Century skills to experience college and career success in a global community.
Vision for Technology Use:
The District's vision is focused on maintaining a connected community using modern technologies that are available to every student, teacher, and administrator whether at school, at home, or in the community. Because of the District's expanding infrastructure, supporting the learning process and keeping all stakeholders apprised of current, real-time data is crucial.
The District Supports the use of Technology to:
- Engage students in quality learning experiences requiring critical thinking to solve authentic problems.
- Allow students virtual and blended learning opportunities which extend learning beyond the physical classroom.
- Provide all educators ubiquitous connectivity to access applications that are vital to teaching and learning outside of a traditional school day.
- Provide virtual meetings via video-conferencing technology to streamline just-in-time delivery of pertinent data.
- Provide job-embedded professional development for faculty and staff using blended learning platforms and streaming video.
- Assist in meeting all accountability standards and achievement goals.